View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
I didn't know anyone kept a stat for lame duck interceptions. I thought that was Ray's hallmark? A few quarterback critics in this forum are starting to sound a lot like Skip Bayless. Since 2004 Burris narrowly missed Grey Cup berths in 2004 and 2005 to very good teams once with Sask and once with CGY. Additionally, the Riders don't win until 2007 with a very different team. Somehow your math just does not add up.

I think Burris is the best option in the CFL right now for a proven quarterback. If we could nab McPherson or Rielly that would be a great consolation prize. Burris set records for touchdowns this year and can make plays with his legs thus giving our offense a true triple threat offense, something Esks fans have not had the luxury of in quite some time.
What doesn't add up is that Burris, despite being considered a possible HOF candidate by many people, has guided a team to the Grey Cup game just once in his entire career. The guy simply doesn't get it done when it matters.

We can talk about Burris setting records last season all we want, but you know what I remember most? The boneheaded pick-6's he threw on Labour Day and in the last game of the season against Toronto that ultimately cost Hamilton a playoff spot. This has been Burris' MO for years. He'll throw for 350 yards and look great doing it, then at the worst possible moment give up that back-breaking INT and suddenly you've lost.

I'd rather take my chances with an unproven youngster who might surprise you and win than the wiley old veteran who has already proven repeatedly that he's going to leave you disappointed.