View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Oyabun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
plus the US was without their top 6 stud Stefan Noesen... though not as tough of a loss compared to what Sweden lost, it still was a significant blow for USA to not have him and they still won without him.

who is to say Sweden would have made it to the Gold medal game with all those guys, sometimes strange things happen and teams bond and play better with different players. It is easy to say they would have been better with those guys, and logic would say so, but you just never know if they would have had the same team chemistry or gotten those bounces.
I don't think you understand just how much Sweden had been decimated on the defensive side. To compare, I couldn't give a crapula about the guy that scored us the GWG the last time...Zibanejad. Missing the top defensemen, 1,2,3 is where the team suffered and it showed. Against Russia and against the US.

If Sweden would have had a much stronger side..who is to say Sweden would even have made it that far you say.
No come on.I'm not buying that and neither should anyone. Sweden would have been a much stronger side plain and simple. That doesn't translate to winning the gold. It just means the team would've been stronger.

Thats the last post I will make on the subject of Sweden missing players. Its just surprising that it went from "Sweden would've destroyed everyone with a full team" to this post where Sweden might not even have made it to the final had the team been stronger on paper.

Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote