View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Wrong. I understand you were trying to say that the Kings have had "heart and soul" type players who didn't do much for them. It was perfectly clear. It was also a pathetic comparison to Desharnais. That is the part YOU clearly didn't understand. The difference between a "heart and soul" plug like Armstrong and a "heart and soul" point producer like Desharnais is that Desharnais produces points. Unlike the plug you want to compare Desharnais to.

I love the wisdom of your "less icetime will decrease his numbers" comment. Brilliant observation. It is true for every single NHL player, though. Care to elaborate on what you meant? No need, it is obvious that you were simply reaching for any strawman argument to try and uphold a position founded in fantasy without any basis in reality. You do know that DD had slightly less TOI than Richards, but had significantly more points, and a much better takeaway vs giveaway ratio? Richards is much better defensively, and far more physical, but DD blocked more shots and was far more offensive in his role. So, yes, it is fair to compare DD to Richards. Heck, compare Richards' first full NHL season to DD's and DD still comes out ahead. Richards is the better player right now. However, that does not mean DD will not get better over time. This was DD's 1st full NHL season. He only spent half of it on the Cole/Pacioretty line. Let's see what happens when he gets a full season with those guys.

Again, I come up with names like St. Louis, Giroux, and Richards because they are similar players to DD in regards to point production, size, and overall style of play. Richards is far more physical, but he is a heart and soul type of little guy, as are Giroux, St. Louis, and DD. It is called a "comparison" because the players are similar in many ways. I have not stated that DD is as good as, or better than, any of the guys I am comparing him to. I have stated that he compares favourably to them based on what he did in his first full NHL season.

Lol. No, you have not hurt my feelings, you have annoyed me by making an asinine statement without anything to back it up. You have offered nothing to support your obviously uninformed opinion about why DD would not be able to play on the second line of any team in serious playoff contention. I would truly like to hear you try and explain what it is that DD lacks, why he could not play on any serious team contending for the Cup as a second line center. I doubt you will even try, but I hope you do.
I've explained myself a bit already. You just dont want to read it. Now you ask me again. He's not a goal scorer, so always have to rely on his linemates. Pretty high SH%, and that with just 16 goals. When his linemates dont produce, he wont produce. Good passer, but not great. He received enough ice-time to succeed last season. That will change on a contender. You can laugh about this, but I cant help that. You constantly come up with his 60 points but when I say that will change as 2nd line center than its suddenly a stupid observation. Teams prefer physical 2nd line centers anyway, ones with great offensive skill, centers with close to elite two-way play or a mix from these three. His size might not be a factor but its definitely not an advantage. Another thing, he sure didnt led montreal to an incredible season. He will be a constant 15-20 goal - 40-45 assists player when he gets close to 20 minutes of ice-time and PP time. Nice but not good enough because he doesnt bring much else to the table. Not a force in the face-off circle either. Just a nice player to have on a weak team.

That plug Armstrong also produced when he played with fine linemates. He played there because the team sucked and everybody was injured. That's what I tried to explain. How a solid player can play much better than he actually is but eventually you will finish dead last or close to that.

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 01-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote