View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Fact is Pavelka is right around where he was last year with defense or no defense.

11-12 3.47 GAA .905 sv%
12-13 3.52 GAA .904 sv%

The minutes played, shots faced and saves made are almost identical. Say what you want about the poor defense and cherry picking certain games not to include but the fact is he's not really better than last year and you can't expect to win games and finish high in the standings with a 3.5 gaa it just doesn't work that way. Watch Pavelka since the break he's fighting every puck, he doesn't look confident at all. DeKort hasn't been good but I guess you missed where I said it's a total team effort with this group failing.
You can't rip on Pavelka by calling him a "so-called stud", then say oh, it's a total team effort. You can't have it both ways. Pavelka hasn't been overly sharp since the break, but that doesn't mean he's been bad. The players in front of him have been horrible. A goals against average doesn't make a bad goaltender. It's very much a team stat. I'd look at the save %, realize it's over 90%, and say "it's not Pavelka's fault."