Thread: Value of: David Desharnais
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I've explained myself a bit already. You just dont want to read it. Now you ask me again. He's not a goal scorer, so always have to rely on his linemates. Pretty high SH%, and that with just 16 goals. When his linemates dont produce, he wont produce. Good passer, but not great. He received enough ice-time to succeed last season. That will change on a contender. You can laugh about this, but I cant help that. You constantly come up with his 60 points but when I say that will change as 2nd line center than its suddenly a stupid observation. Teams prefer physical 2nd line centers anyway, ones with great offensive skill, centers with close to elite two-way play or a mix from these three. His size might not be a factor but its definitely not an advantage. Another thing, he sure didnt led montreal to an incredible season. He will be a constant 15-20 goal - 40-45 assists player when he gets close to 20 minutes of ice-time and PP time. Nice but not good enough because he doesnt bring much else to the table. Not a force in the face-off circle either. Just a nice player to have on a weak team.

That plug Armstrong also produced when he played with fine linemates. He played there because the team sucked and everybody was injured. That's what I tried to explain. How a solid player can play much better than he actually is but eventually you will finish dead last or close to that.
ok and because you think hes just a lucky guy that had 60 pts in his first season, it mean we should just trade him for anything ? lol comon

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote