View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Thing is, it comes down to value. I'd take Kadri, Kulemin and even Mac over Raymond in our top 6. Not a knock on Raymond but I feel Kadri and Kulemin add something Raymond doesn't and Mac is already a proven asset for us considering his history on the Leafs. So IF we had those options I wouldn't slot Raymond in out top 6.

This I can understand. Our values are not that far apart but I think my offer makes more sense for the Leafs. Kadri or Franson and a 1st?

Anyway it's moot.
Fair enough. Personally, I could see Raymond bouncing back into a respectable 45-50 point player and his defensive upside might be of value over say, MacArthur. That said, I cannot fault the apprehension. He hasn't been the most consistent player to say the least.

Anywho, both deals are close. Not surprisingly, mine (Gardiner+Kadri) better fits the Canucks. The first may appeal to some but I'd prefer a NHL ready prospect that could step in now, in lieu of that picks likely not producing until after the Sedin era's swan song. On another note, this may be the closest both sides have come to something in a while.