View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 03:34 PM
wgknestrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Martin is history unless the cap is about $63.5M next year (minimum). Bank on it. It's not about hating on the guy; he's just too damn expensive to keep in the case that it's significantly lower (like $60-61M). Letang is going to get a HEFTY raise and Shero isn't going to leave that to the last minute to deal with it. Malkin will probably be due a modest raise as well because he'll be forced into a deal half as long as Sid's more or less.

Does Martin have trade value? I'd say yes, he still has some especially WRT to teams like EDM who are very thin on the D front, and overflowing with offensive talent. Barring the typical HFB tendancy to cook up multi-player deals in our head I think the most obvious swap would be Martin for Hemsky. Both guys are skilled at what they do, both need a new home, both have the exact same cap hit. The Pens might include Kennedy in the deal to get rid of the salary / make some more breathing room.

You end up with:

Dupuis - Sid - Hemsky
Kunitz - Geno - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Tangradi

Letang / Orpik, Despres / Nisky, Engo / Bortuzzo, Strait

I could live with that for a transitional, shortened, crap-shoot of a season.

If Michalek had trade value of worthless prospect, then Martin has trade value of semi-worthless prospect.

wgknestrick is online now   Reply With Quote