View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 04:02 PM
CanuckLuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Have you taken a look or considered what Canada's lineup will look like next year? It doesn't look good. Assuming that Mackinnon will be in the NHL and most likely Drouin as well, I think 50/50 he sticks with his NHL club, our best center will be 16 year old McDavid. Who else is there? Sean Monahan or Brenden Leipsic? Another year of the Bob Mackenzie love fest with Charles Hudon? Holy ****TTTT
Holy over-reaction Batman!

Canada will still be the favorites at next year's WJC. The fact that they didn't win this year means nothing in terms of how Canada is developing hockey players.

Canada was outplayed this year, it had nothing to do with their talent pool. Canada could probably ice 3 or 4 competitive World junior teams..perhaps more...i'm not trying to sound arrogant, it's just the truth. Why people think that a round robin elimination tournament determines the best hockey nation is absurd to me in the first place.

I think all countries stand a fair debate if we talk about top end talent. But if we're talking about depth the amount of talent Canada brings to hockey is unparalleled. Some may say this is also arrogant but I just say it is once again the truth. That isn't to say, however, that other countries aren't catching up. Just take a look at the draft..littered with Canadians.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote