View Single Post
Old
12-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed
BTW, should we even bother talking about a lesser deal for Kenny Jonsson? I mean, if the Isles might eventually have an objective of trading one of their spare top-4 dmen and shedding salary, wouldn't he theoretically be as tradeable as Hamrlik? They're both 29 and neither is producing points at their usual pace. Hamrlik makes $3.6 million and Jonsson makes $3 mil, right?

Plus, the Bolts have a much bigger need for a lefty-shooting two-way top-4 dman. I only suggest it would be a lesser deal because Jonsson is not a No.1 dman like Hamrlik, doesn't put up nearly as many points and has that worrisome history of injuries.

What might you want in return? And Darth, stop asking for Modin - we already know how much you love him!
It doens't matter what top four dman you ask for. Isles don't have much depth on defense and they're not eager to help a conference rival. Unless $ are a motivating issue (and there is some debates as to whether that may be the case), or the Isles are completely eliminated from the playoffs, you're going to have to overpay to get anything done. I'm talking about Sarich +. So, I don't see a deal there.