View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 04:30 PM
du5566*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
And the anti parity crowd has several fair arguments. Like instead of some teams being crappy everyone is mediocre. There are not great teams only hot one. Only 1 star per team. 30 mediocre teams lead to bad playoffs, like this year

And finally, no matter how much parity we have the league will never become more popular because of it. NHL is number, mayb e number 5 just in team sports. All parity has done is create the same thing we had before the lockout just that everyone has the exact same of it 3 100 points players last year. Worst since 1999. No lockout has changed the game yet.
I disagree on all points and I like to back up my arguments with facts not opinions.

For instance individual point totals in the NHL have gone down in the past 30 years due to the improved ability of NHL goalies, the improved technology and increase in sheer size of goalie equipment, and the adaption of defensive styled hockey not because the talent pool in the NHL is watered down due to the salary cap and league wide parity.

As an opinion I would argue that individual point totals in the NHL are down because the overall talent level in the NHL has drastically increased over the past 30 years and that the 4th liner in today's NHL is light years ahead of the 4th liner in the 1980's.

Last edited by du5566*: 01-05-2013 at 04:36 PM.