View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 05:46 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Who do I want as an NHL prospect? Teravainen...easy choice for me.

BUT I do think that Gaudreau is the better player right now and at this level. I have watched him a ton at BC and he was better than Kreider(a Junior) even though he was only a freshman. He has incredible skill and a great knack for the net. But the NHL is a different beast entirely and a lot of small, skilled players aren't as effective because there is so little space to work. There are such big bodies and fast skaters that is makes it hard for the game to open up like at the CHL/NCAA level.

Even a guy like Patrick Kane struggled because of teams like St Louis and Nashville, holding and playing extremely defensive games. I am hoping the NHL will start to move away from that boring type of game and opens up some space for the smaller guys. And hey, that includes for TT who isn't Yao Ming himself. But I just feel like Gaudreau is so weak and so bad along the boards that he might not find a place in the NHL if it continues to move the way of St Louis/Nashville/Phoenix. TT has great hockey sense and can be a good two way player even if he isn't putting up 60+ points a year. I love what I see from him so far though.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote