View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 05:54 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

vCash: 500
I really expect Gally and Jones to be in the NHL whether they're 100% ready or not. I'd expect Winnipeg will push to sign Trouba as well, though it's possible he could play in the AHL a bit which might make him available. I'd probably want to figure how things would play out without them at this point.

It seems like there are a lot of options but that could be because there are few very obvious ones. The '94 group isn't spectacular and at this point it seems the '95 group could be similar in that regard. Right now I'd expect these guys to be pretty good bets...

Hartman
Barber
Kerdiles
Matteau
Samuelsson
Erne

Sieloff
Grzelcyk
Skjei

Gillies

I'm sure a number of the NTDP 94/95 guys will be there as well as the top CHL '94s. It's also quite possible a number of guy from the USHL who'll be joining the college ranks next season could get a long look as it seems there's a pretty good crop of them. Many of the names have already been mentioned above but I'll add a couple more I haven't seen mentioned yet...

Vince Hinostroza: Not sure there'll be space for him as I think he'll need an offensive role to succeed but he was exceptional at the Jr A Challenge amongst numerous others who've been mentioned here.

Matt Lane: He's had a quiet season thus far but he's a guy who was great at the U18's last year and has the speed which US teams are known for nowadays. I could see him filling a number of roles on the team.

Thomas DiPauli: He could be a guy to come in and take a spot the way guys like Pietila/Bardreau did this year as he plays a similar "grind line" style game.

Tyler Kelleher: He's a small, young guy and he'd probably make the most sense in an offensive role if he were to make the team but I think he might be the most skilled player on this year's NTDP U18 team. If he has a big U18 wjc in April that could put him in contention for the team.

Last edited by cagney: 01-05-2013 at 06:01 PM.