View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Commander Clueless
Fear the Leaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Well the hope and prayer route isn't the only way to go, and I never meant to make things sound as dire as that, but Lu doesn't hurt the chances for Perry/Getzlaf/Weiss/whomever. I won't say 100% it helps, if anything, but cap implications aside, it won't hurt.

I hear you and understand what you're saying, but we just can't afford to move a piece like that without getting what we construe as value back. Not to say the players listed do not have value, just not as much to us, as a team that most of their talents are redundant. Frattin and Kulemin aside, most of those pieces aren't more then throw ins to our team, and even the missing elements Kuli and Frattin bring can be filled internally.

If this is the scenario we're in, I reiterate that we might not be the ideal trading partners.
Agreed. However, that is my assessment. Burke's assessment could be completely different.

If Burke believes that Van Reimsdyk can replace Lupul and/or that he can acquire the key pieces he needs via other methods, he could absolutely make Lupul available. It could change very quickly and all of a sudden Luongo makes a ton more sense.

I just don't see it as likely but I'm a bit pessimistic.

Guess we'll find out if the season ever starts up.