Old
01-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
We want to talk potential?
We can't compare guys in different leagues point wise. We can however look at players in the same league

We'll take Stamkos and Yakupov. They both played in the same league, same team.
They both had a PPG of about 1.6, with Yakupov being a fraction higher

Couturier will be matched up with the first guy I found, Daniel Briere, who also played on the same team
Couturier had a 1.2PPG. Briere? 2.1
I'll even be generous and leave out his terrible first year, which still only puts him at 1.5

He's nowhere near Briere who with his career average (he had some amazing years) is a 60/70 poiny guy
Yakupov is right at the same place as 60 goal scorer Steven Stamkos

THAT is why Yakupov easily has 50 goal potential, and I highly doubt that Couturier will be a Toews light
Turrible logic.

Briere played in the Q during the early-mid 90's, where it was a very, very high scoring league.

Couturier played when the scoring is pretty similar to the other CHL leagues, or definitely more 'even' than what it was when Briere played.

Hell, if you want to delve deeper, Yakupov was IMO better in his underage year compared to his draft year. He got to play with some decent prospects on that Sarnia roster (Galchenyuk in 2010-2011 [was hurt last year], Brett Ritchie, Reid Boucher, Ryan Spooner, Connor Murphy, etc.)

Check out Drummondville's roster when Couturier was putting up 90+ points. I know I haven't heard of one other player on those rosters.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote