Thread: Speculation: Luongo: The Neverending Story
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Malhotra and Raymond are walking anyways IMO. So they're good.

Edit: Assuming Ballard is jettisoned.

Edit 2: That's next year that is. This year they're safe of course.
If the cap roll back is next year....awesome anyway. Even with it happening this year, we're ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Yay! We're not totally out to lunch on either side! Hurray! *Kermit the Frog hands!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
Agreed. However, that is my assessment. Burke's assessment could be completely different.

If Burke believes that Van Reimsdyk can replace Lupul and/or that he can acquire the key pieces he needs via other methods, he could absolutely make Lupul available. It could change very quickly and all of a sudden Luongo makes a ton more sense.

I just don't see it as likely but I'm a bit pessimistic.

Guess we'll find out if the season ever starts up.
Again, seeing eye to eye it seems. Toronto can't afford Luongo without creating another hole, and you, if not Burke, want to at least see if the alleged replacement can be counted on before destroying the forward ranks. Again, if JVR makes Lupul available, assuming around the deadline, his value has dropped sharply being on a 1 year term, that's my only real downside to hoping for that. We can reassess when and if that happens though

As for the season, today's news has me cautiously optimistic. I hope it's not bunk