View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
lost in all this is poor Stefan Noesen. Imagine how this young man is feeling right now...I am sure very happy for him teammates, but man he has to be in the dumps to miss out on this.

his role would have been a lock for our top 6 and he would have played a significant role in our pk and pp units as well...I dont know if team chemistry would have been altered if he was here, and maybe we dont win the gold or even a medal if he was on this team (though I cant see how he would have not helped this group)....

not sure what forward would have been cut from this team if Noesen was here...Grimaldi?? Pietila?? Hartman??? Vesey?? all of them were huge for this squad at different times and it is hard to imagine how different an overall team and outtcome could have been with the addition of just one player...

It sucks for Stefan to have gotten robbed from this opportunity, but he will have a professional career and hopefully will get a chance in some upcoming WC tourneys to play for the US...hope he isnt taking this too hard.
Pre tournament i'd guess Vesey gets the boot. Post tournament I'd say it's obviously Lucia who essentially didn't see the ice for two games.

Anyway Noesen is a lesson to all American skaters not to go play in the CHL.