View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I kept preaching about McCabe a few weeks prior to the tourney as the kid I was watching at Wisconsin was just impressing the hell out of me. there definitely were some posters who didnt share my joy with regards to McCabe and I wondered what the hell I was watching that was different then some of them...

After this tournament, I can clearly state that most everyone is on the same page when it comes to this kid and his future. I think I compared his role with this group to that of Jake Gardiner's in 2010 a bit before the games began and though I think McCabe put up better points, he certainly was that calming influence out there like Gardiner was...now lets hope he has the same pro career as well as Gardiner is looking to have a bright career ahead..
McCabe and John Ramage (gold medal winner himself) have been like Jones and Trouba for the Badgers. I still think McCabe has a ways to go to make the NHL. He's skating is only average and he still sometimes makes some weird decisions, although he's cut those down dramatically the last few years. We will see how far he can progress on that track and if he can improve his skating a bit. If he does, he'll be an impact NHLer.