Thread: Speculation: When will we trade for Erik Cole?
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Just curious, what do you see in Nash and Welsh that make you think they are "sure fire" NHLrs over some of the other guys. Welsh will be 25 shortly and Nash will be 24 so they aren't exactly "young" prospects. I would love for them to be able to be capable NHLrs (even if it's 3rd or 4th line), but right now, they aren't even the best players on their AHL team by a long shot. In fairness to Welsh, he's in his 1st professional year and has improved as the season has progressed, but was curious what you saw in them that makes you think they stand out from the crowd.
Theyre not necessarily offensive threats, but I like their overall game better than players like Boychuk and Dalpe. Nash is excellent around the boards and brings sound defensive effort night in and night out. May I add that hes pretty good at faceoffs and played so solid when called up last year. Welsh is a big powerfoward who is mobile on his skates. He's always crashing the net when you need him and fights for rebound chances. Like Tangradi, it takes a few years for these PWFs to develop, but he, along with Nash will be good for our bottom 6 for years to come. I prefer Nash, but Welsh would make a good candidate for filling the whole at 3rd line center.

Yes We Cam is offline   Reply With Quote