View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
No, I've been saying all along that O'Reilly and his agents demands had to be excessively high or a deal would have been done. If O'Reilly and his agent had asked for Matt Duchene type money a deal would have been done. Its clears that since O'Reilly doesn't have a contract there had to have been some absurd demands. Its just logical deduction.

And you are right its not 100% like the Turris situation, its probably closer to the Doughty situation, a player thinking he is worth more than the team thinks he is worth. Except in this situation I don't see it ending with the player re-signing with his team.
I don't remember where they got it, but I have seen quite a few people post that someone reported the biggest difference was contract term.

O'Reilly wanted something like 5 years and the Avs wanted a shorter contract. Which goes with their cautious ways leading into the lockout.

Actually if you think about it... Giving O'Reilly a longer contract after the CBA is figured out makes a lot more sense than doing it prior to. I would imagine him, his agent, and the Avs all probably know that.

Notice that the only two players to receive longer contracts (4 yrs) were both UFA's? So... basically I don't get your assumptions that 'He thinks hes worth more than the team thinks hes worth'.