View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I guess maybe I just didn't have as high of an expectation or I'm simply out to lunch on it. I thought Karlsson was very good throughout, offensively he wasn't great I guess, but defensively, I thought he was among the best forwards in the tournament. Oh well, I liked Arvidsson more than any of them really...
People may chalk it up to me being a Ducks fan, but I didn't think Karlsson was bad, either, and I thought he was really good against the States, actually. The entire Swedish team was focused heavily on defensive play, which is what got them into the final, and Karlsson seemed to be a huge part of it. He was always among the first to break up even the fastest opposing rushes and was one of the few players to be able to create things offensively given the pressure all forwards were facing last night on either side of the rink. I found him to be one of the best Swedish players, as well, to give you at least some sort of affirmation. No idea why so many Swedes are this hard on their players after making it all the way to a medal that seemed like a very long shot before the tournament started. Seemed like a really great team effort to me.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote