View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
Actually Dallas is decent at grabbing big powerful forwards with late first and seconds (Benn, Neal, Ritchie). There was another guy I was thinking about but can't remember.

As u stated above I also think he would be tough to get him from the stars. I'd imagine it would have to be Morrow. I'm not even too sure what Dallas organizational needs are going forward.

I don't think Morrow is as highly rated around the league as he has been around here and by Pens fans. Yes, his upside is tremendous, but he is far from a sure thing and is probably best still (in my mind) classified as "project" status.

Ritchie, on the other hand, is a sure thing. Whether he's a 1st line goal-scoring winger or more of a 2nd-line guy at the NHL level remains to be seen, but he's a safe bet who has dominated junior to a degree that Morrow never did (comparatively as a Dman, of course). Besides, Dallas needs forwards more than Dmen at this poing; or at least both equally. He ain't going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
Nichkushkin looks amazing. Literally a clone of Tarasenko except he's lefthanded and looks bigger too. I wish he was righthanded so he'd be exactly what we'd be looking for at the draft. Him and Mantha would be ideal.

I think it's fair to say Nichushkin has vaulted himself from a mid-1st round level prospect, to a guy that's in the conversation for between #5 to 10 overall, if not even higher. That, plus being 5 inches bigger than Tarasenko and a transfer agreement, I don't see him sliding at all. This guy looks like he's got all the tools to be a top-5 winger in the NHL.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote