View Single Post
Old
01-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Dangles78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post

I think it's fair to say Nichushkin has vaulted himself from a mid-1st round level prospect, to a guy that's in the conversation for between #5 to 10 overall, if not even higher. That, plus being 5 inches bigger than Tarasenko and a transfer agreement, I don't see him sliding at all. This guy looks like he's got all the tools to be a top-5 winger in the NHL.
Have I not been saying this all along?

The only reason he's been slipping in scouts eyes is because of that good ol Russian factor. I've been comparing him to Tarasenko since the first time I saw him, and I've seen a lot of him.

He's exactly what the Pens need, and my man crush for him won't go away until another GM picks him. I'd give up any D-prospect we have (maybe not Morrow) to move up a la Murray/Rundblad.

He screams Malkin/Nash. Please Hockey Gods, pleaseeee let him slide like predicted.

As for the quoted part...Nichushkin never needed to "vault" himself into the top-5 conversation. He was already there. If anything, he needs to reassure people that they won't be making a mistake by picking him. Should be interesting on how he fares during the combine/interviews.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote