Old
01-06-2013, 02:56 AM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
He's 32, I'd say 27-32 is the prime years of a player's career.

Explain?

What would you expect in return for Perry/Getzlaf as a Ducks fan?
Statistically you'd be wrong, and he's at the tail end of it regardless.

The better players part is self explanatory, look at the number of 20/30 goal scorers and centers Minnesota Gaborik played with vs Nash. As far as their play, look at Gaborik's goal scoring vs Nash's. the numbers are very decidedly in Nash's favor. Gaborik had one season over 40G, three at 30G and only one more of 30+G. Nash has 2 over 40G, one at 30G and 4 more with 30+G or more. They're snipers, I don't care about assists, especially with the team talent disparity. Gaborik also played 65 or fewer games 4 of the 8 seasons he was in Minnesota. You really can't argue he outplayed Nash.

Edit -GPG for both is 0.43

I'd want a 1st, a top prospect, and a top 6 player. However - both are 5 years younger, on far cap friendlier contracts which expire before the cap takes a massive drop (which is a plus and a minus), and have been told by just about the entire boards that they aren't worth that much. Simply as players, Perry>Gaborik at this point, so is Getzlaf (assuming last year was an aberration due to his home life and the overall team slump).

Last edited by Ducks DVM: 01-06-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote