Teravainen vs Gaudreau
View Single Post
01-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Originally Posted by
Your thoughts agree that JG had a better WJC than TT. What is that based on? It can't be statistics because TT was better overall statistically.
The goals/assists/points have already been examined and JG's 7g/2a/9points are at best even with TT's 5g/6a/11points, and JG and USA played 7 games to TT and Finland's 6 games.
But even more statistical analysis shows JG was a +2 on a USA team that was +25 for the tourney, while TT was +6 on a Finland team that was +17. Eight other USA forwards had better than JG's +2. On the other hand, TT's +6 was the best +/- on Team Finland. SOG - TT had 33 shots on goal in his 6 games, second in the tourney only to Grigorenko's 36 shots on goal in Russia's 7 games. JG had 24 shots on goal in 7 games. And a last stat for consideration - TT took (1) 2-minute penalty, while JG took (2) 2-minute penalties.
All that said - I like JG and as an American was very happy that he and the team played so well. But asked to choose between JG and TT - it's TT in every respect.
Well, I can spin things too.
- Recorded 64% of his points in the tournament during the relegation round (7).
- Was not the top point producing forward on his team (11).
- Team finished 7th place.
- Recorded 100% of his points in elimination games (9)
- Was the go to offensive threat upfront on the best team in the tournament
- Led the tournament in goals (7), tied for team lead in points (9).
- Named to tournament first all star team
- Team finished 1st.
I don't know about you, but I think it is easy to see which player had the stronger tournament.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by HighLifeMan