View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 02:32 AM
Dynamo81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface1 View Post
geez, the useless pissing contests never end around here....

Hoping to hear from posters who watched him recently and could comment on specific parts of his game they noticed- whether good, bad, or simply average.....

how did he look in defensive coverage, backchecking, board battles, skating ability, offensive zone play and anything that might have caught your eye - about his play on the ice!
Have been a fan of him for years, I would say Grigorenko was the best Russian forward at the tournament, his points might not suggest that but he looked great the majority of the time he was on the puck.

Personally I think Grigorenko's defensive game has significantly improved and when he was on the puck he looked like a man among kids a lot of times in this tournament. I always felt his decision making offensively was his greatest aspect but it seems to have stalled/somewhat regressed, this maybe due to spending a few seasons in the CHL and having a lot of focus put on improving his defensive game. He still looked great offensively but I don't think he will ever reach that elite offensive game I expected of him. Continuing his development in Russia may have resulted in making him an ever better offensive player but his defensive game would not have been as good as it is now. Still he has a lot of potential and I definitely see him becoming at least a top 6 forward on an NHL team.