View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 02:44 AM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Here's my very, very early team assuming all players are available:

Forwards (x13):

Nic Kerdiles - Alex Galchenyuk - Riley Barber (A)
Taylor Cammarata - J.T. Compher - Adam Erne
Matt Lane - Danny O'Regan - Ryan Hartman
Stefan Matteau - Brady Vail - Tyler Kelleher
Jack Eichel

Defense (x7):

Matt Grzelcyk - Seth Jones (A)
Patrick Sieloff - Jacob Trouba (C)
Brady Skjei - Ian McCoshen
Connor Carrick

Goalies (x3):

Jon Gillies
Thatcher Demko
Collin Olson

However, I don't fully expect everyone to be available. I think Galchenyuk and Jones will both be in the NHL. Here's my team without them:

Forwards (x13)

Taylor Cammarata - J.T. Compher - Adam Erne
Nic Kerdiles - Tyler Kelleher - Riley Barber (A)
Matt Lane - Danny O'Regan- Ryan Hartman
Stefan Matteau - Brady Vail - Vincent Hinostroza
Jack Eichel

Defense (x7):

Patrick Sieloff (A) - Jacob Trouba (C)
Brady Skjei - Ian McCoshen
Matt Grzelcyk - Steven Santini
Connor Carrick

Goalies (x3):

Jon Gillies
Thatcher Demko
Collin Olson

Notes:

- I don't think Winnipeg is going to rush Trouba with guys like Bogosian, Byfuglien, and Enstrom already in their top 4. Unless they move someone I just don't see why they'd rush him. I think Trouba is ready for the AHL but I don't think he'd leave Michigan after one year to play in the AHL. I think he plays his sophomore year for the Wolverines and then steps into the Winnipeg lineup.

- I agree that Eichel will be the only underage player in play. I hope USAH actually brings him to the summer camp. Either way, I think he's on the team.

- I think, no surprise, that they'll mimic the same type of team they've been putting together recently. That means guys like Samuelsson will have to be even better than others to get in play.

- If, if, Galchenyuk, Jones, and Trouba are all available then this will be a very, very strong team. Obviously we can't expect another Gibson-like performance but I don't think this team would need it if they're at full strength.

- Full lineup: One of the gold medal favorites. Missing Gally/Jones, medal contender. They'd need to get a bit of a scoring by committee approach (much like this year) but I think there would still be enough talent to medal.