View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 04:03 AM
dickiedunnwrotethis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Indentured servitude?

This kid was given opportunity that most of us can only dream of. It looks like he wasnt willing to put in the hard work required to turn the pumpkin into a carriage. Nobody is saying it is easy, but he had the opportunity to set himself up for life here. And he was/is free to decide that it isnt his bag and go home at any time of his choosing, which is what he eventually did.

The only sad part is seeing someone squander an opportunity of this magnitude, but if that is truly his desire, then he can get a Joe job like the rest of us pleebs.
Given the opportunity? Or did he earn it by way of his talent? Is the Prince George management and coaching staff "putting in the hard work"? I don't know. Given the dismal record of this team over the last number of years that's a pretty open question.

Perhaps Forsberg is squandering an opportunity. With the old school mentality that remains prevalent in hockey circles, it wouldn't surprise me at all. So in that sense i take your point. But just once i would like someone to explain to me why when a team trades a player that GM isn't seen to have an "attitude"? Sure, their intelligence might be questioned, but no one suggests they have "character" issues. Nope, it's just 17 year old kids with that particular defect. It's an interesting double standard that seems particularly predominant in the sports world.

dickiedunnwrotethis is offline   Reply With Quote