Thread: Speculation: Luongo: The Neverending Story
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
so based on what the speculated return for louongo is that being bozak and kadri I have come up with a prospal doubt canuck fans will like it but this is based on the reported return for louongo.

bozak
kadri
macarthur

for

louongo
booth

the question is macarthur for booth fair? I think the two are close but at 2012 pounds booth brings size we need
He's not that heavy, but no way we do this.

Booth is better than McArthur IMO and either way McArthur is a pending UFA is he not? As is Bozak so Kadri is the only one that brings significant value since we probably wouldn't be able to sign both McArthur and Bozak and hope to keep Edler with the cap falling, and Kadri for Luongo isn't enough IMO let alone Kadri for Luongo and Booth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
As for what's fair from Toronto I would include Bozak, Kadri, Franson and a conditional 1st round pick which Vancouver only gets if Toronto makes the Playoffs. If we don't then it turns into a 2nd round pick.
Not bad, and the 1st/2nd conditional pick idea is something I had thought of aswell, works out for the leafs because if Luongo doesn't take you to the playoffs for whatever reason the price is reduced (Since him making you a playoff team is the big sell on your end)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Gillis also allegedly asked for Gardiner, Frattin, 5th ova and Bozak.

If you swap Franson to Finn you have a deal with me.
Wow that's rediculous, Gardiner isn't happening let alone the 5th ovr.

I'm in the same boat as you though, swap Franson for Finn since we need prospects and I'm on board.

Bozak
Finn
Kadri
Conditional 1st

Luongo
?

We honestly don't even need Bozak in the deal IMO cause I don't know if we would be able to re-sign him or even want to with JS, ZK and then Kadri coming up but it would be a nice rental option, perhaps we could even add a tad more on our side (? signifies possible minor additions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Mike Gillis never wanted Luke Schenn. At the trade deadline when Vancouver traded Cody Hodgson for Zack Kassian I remember Bob McKenzie said he heard from an Eastern Conference General Manager that Hodgson was not avaialble. It turned out McKenzie was referring to Brian Burke. Now maybe he didn't want to trade Hodgson to Toronto, however if Gillis wanted Luke Schenn for Luongo why didn't he get him at the trade deadline when he had a chance?
I don't think MG ever wanted Schenn, i heard the report about Schenn too and was pretty certain you guys offered it to us.

And can you confirm that the mystery team that wanted Coho was indeed Toronto? Or is it just your speculation, cause I have always been interested to find out. Do you have a source?