View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 04:33 AM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What would you guys think if the Flyers decided to do something bold and make a move for the 1st or 2nd overall pick to draft jones? it would probably mean losing Couturier+, but i really think it might be worth it. I really think this kid has the potential to be one of the best defensemen in the world and would probably make the jump right to the NHL. With Giroux, Schenn and Laughton, we may have the long term C depth to sacrifice Couturier for a potential franchise defenseman, especially since Timonen will likely not be here after this year unfortunately. and then with Timonen's contract off the book, maybe you make a push for Corey Perry in the offseason.

hypothetically

Perry - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Schenn - Briere
Simmonds - Laughton - Read
Fedetenko - Talbot - Rinaldo/Wellwood

Coburn - Jones
Meszaros - Schenn
Grossmann - Gustafsson
Brayden Schenn has yet to have a breakout season to force the organization to move him to center. Not impressed with what Laughton does so far.
Both are less valuable to the Flyers right now than Couts so I'd try to put together a package Schenn/Laughton + 1st + ? to acquire a potential #1D. Drafts can be treacherous at times - there is hardly a sure bet franchise defenseman available and even if so, he'd take multiple years to develop until he is ready.