View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 05:45 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
I don't see why the blues need a center at all, Backes, Berglund, Steen, are pretty solid and Sobotka can fill in if nichol gets injured. Mcdonald and Oshie are more than capable of helping out if we get decimated with injuries.

Only trade I think the Blues look for is a upgrade at left d, that's if Cole looks out of place which I think he will be fine.
1) Because Steen got himself turned into the "throw in" on the Stempniak deal by playing center in Toronto. He was a hairs-breadth from washing out of the NHL at the position and I do not even remotely like the thought of putting him back there.

I also doubt his ability to stay healthy as a center when he can't manage it as a winger.

2) Oshie hasn't shown a darn thing when he's been tried at center, and McDonald would get himself killed playing center in our system. Neither one is a legit option to play the position. Sobotka would be the next person in line, and his numbers aren't good enough to man the position full time.

Hitch is willing to give Steen the first shot at the position and I trust Hitch well enough, but IMO Army could really help this team by grabbing a guy like Getzlaf, Jordan Staal or Kesler(just throwing names around, nobody get your panties in a bunch) to go on top of Backes/Berglund. IMO that is the 1 piece that would put our forward ranks over the top.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote