View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 05:54 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Does that include Mikael Granlund? I'm purely judging some points so please enlighten me, but Granlund had better point per game. Is Barkov with a less talented supporting cast than Granlund played with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Granlund played a sheltered role his draft season in Finland like RNH. Barkov is playing like the Granlund post draft year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Granlund's PPG wasn't that much better (0.93 vs 0.875), but Barkov still has a fair amount of games to play, so a lot could change to one way or another. You could also say that Barkov has been playing with better players in Ville Nieminen and Jannik Hansen, whereas Granlund only got to play with Jerry Ahtola and Teemu Ramstedt (both of whom had their career seasons that year, excluding Ramstedt this year).

Their roles differ more, though, since MG played more sheltered role as third line winger with no PK duties, as opposed to Barkov who's playing first line minutes as center with plenty of PP and PK time.
Yeah, MG may get more points but he was more sheltered, no pk duties and winger with less defensive responsibilities.. he didn't dominate then. I'd agree that MGs last season was the same as Barkov's this year. Barkov has better D, MG was more dymanic offensively the first half of the season. Barkov has had some time Jannick Hansen on his line but is also facing tougher opposition. Little younger than MG though to me that doesn't value much.

Barkov is better and more mature.. far more NHL ready. No question his had better draft year season, even if MG would have more points by the end.

But MG took bis steps after it, worked on his strength and does improved his skating and board work. Got little more creative with and without the puck gained more confidence.. well you Wild fans know the rest. Now it's up to Barkov to take those next steps.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote