View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 06:35 AM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
It's not ideal and its not a good AHL lineup, already taking account for the decrease in competition for other teams.

Why would they take Lashoff? They have 7 NHL dmen if Smith is brought up and kept? Andersson might be called up for camp, but he's not going crack the NHL line-up. They have 15 forwards as it stands. I have a hard time seeing Tatar cracking it too this season.

Someone else brought up Minnesota. Without a doubt, Granlund will be gone, Brodin has a good chance. But 4 of their top 5 scorers will still be in the AHL, which includes Zucker, Fontaine, Connelly, and Coyle (who will likely be called for camp, but is honestly not ready). That's still a good team.

I'll concede on OKC being a poor team on paper. They didn't have a great roster last season, yet they finished first in our conference. They have good coaching and a good system. We currently have neither.

Perhaps more important is taking a look at the teams we play most (our division). There's not much of a hit on them besides Grand Rapids and Rockford. Peoria stays largely the same minus Schwartz and Cole. Rockford will lose Kruger, Leddy, and maybe Saad or Smith. The Admirals will likely lose Ellis and one of Blum/Ekholm, but their top 8 scorers still remain.

What makes our situation worse is that it is absolutely given that Schroeder(Until Kes is back)/Kassian/Tanev are gone to the NHL (2 of our top 5 scorers gone, weakens already decimated depth at C) and we are 7 points out of a playoff spot. Just how easy will it be to make up those points with this reduced roster? Slim to freaking none unless someone is added. Wish Reinprecht would come back.

If you are listing Volpatti as a part of the Wolves, then you need to call up Ebbett. With both of them with the Wolves, we run with 12 forwards for the Canucks! Pinizzotto is still injured, Matson i think has been injured since the beginning of the season. So i didn't consider them. Otherwise, Pinizzotto can play 2C. But interesting news about Grenier.
Word from the Chicago broadcasters is that Andersson line will go up in tact (although Andersson out right now).

Ice Hogs will surely lose Bollig and probably Shaw

Admirals will likely see Bourque go up and maybe Watson

Riverman might well lose Hensick and that would be huge loss.

Not saying the situation is good for Chicago b/c it isn't but everything is relative here. Wolves lose players and others lose players. And some teams are losing a lot bigger studs than the Wolves.

If the Wolves hang on to players like Ebbett and Pinizotto they are not all that different than the team that made the AHL playoffs last year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...026742012.html

Sure they had Mancari but he probably hurt them defensively as much as helped them offensively. Having Reinhardt would, however, definitely help.

Moreover, if Kesler can quickly come back then Chicago situation can improve quickly.

Actually I think, as far as development goes, that it might work out well for the Canucks as players like Connauton, Rodin and Archibald get an increased role and some like Polosek and Mallet get more opportunity.