View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 06:36 AM
BigBrown
Now what will we do?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Okay, am I missing something here? Maybe because its past 3 a.m. here in southern California, and I haven't slept, but am I wrong in believing this is a total win for the players?

They won on the 2nd year cap (thank God, the owners had their heads up their ***** on this one).

They won on the pension.

They split on the contract length.

Owners win on the CBA length.

I don't know about some of the other issues (as they have not been publicized), but it seems the players got the better of the owners on this one.
Only if you think that a 50-50 split was a given. Seems to me that taking the split from 57-43 in favor of the players down to 50-50 is a pretty big win overall which will save the owners billions (?) for the duration of this CBA.

Pension is a pretty big win for the players though. In either case, I'm happy I don't have to endure another Bettman-Fehr "negotiation" for at least another 8 years. Deals never get done before they absolutely have to, much like the whole "fiscal cliff" thing. Next time set the deadline to get a new CBA done before training camp, if they can't meet that date cancel the season. If that was the case, we'd have a new CBA done before training camp and not lose a single day of hockey. Sorry, I better stop this rant before it gets out of control.

Better late than never, I'm glad we'll get to see some hockey. I won't spend any money on them though.