View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 06:50 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
Aportzline 4:34am via TweetDeck Reported in today's Dispatch that Nationwide Arena was putting ice in main rink on Monday. Apparently other NHL rinks now planning the same.

Real_ESPNLeBrun 4:33am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Last huge issue at the 11th hour was Year 2 cap. Players wouldn't budge off $64.3 M and league finally gave in at the end

DarrenDreger 4:28am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Now the fun stuff begins...Dallas is putting ice in tomorrow morning. Assume all others arenas will be feverishly doing same this week.

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur
Players held the line on a US$64.3-million cap in 2013-14, and got a guarantee it can't drop beyond that in future years of the deal.

Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
We asked Scot Beckenbaugh for comment on his status as the NHL's off-season Hart winner he declined: "I'm as famous as I want to be."

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
NHL had hoped to change opening of free agency to July 10 but the players stood firm and it remains July 1 in new CBA

Obviously for this year only free agency will start later because of late season

On first-year cap: upper limit is $60 M but teams can spend up to $70.2 M. Cap floor is $44 M

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika
No one should forget what happened. But it's time to heal, for the NHL and players to win back the hardcore customers they took for granted.

Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen
Here's my story on the NHL's tentative agreement. http://usat.ly/UvCP0T

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika
If my Stanley Cup pick is wrong, who cares? At least I GET TO MAKE a Stanley Cup pick now. I always hate making them -- except now.

If it's a 50-game season it would start Jan 15; if it's a 48-game season it would start Jan 19

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote