View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 07:01 AM
jol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Got some questions for you guys...hopefully some of you still frequent these threads since hockey is non-existant.

My wife and I are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and then driving down to the Keys for a weekend. Got some questions...

1) What are some of the best sites to see between Ft Lauderdale and the Keys? Anything I should not miss? Not really into zoos or tourist traps too much but I want to see unique things.
Stop for drinks in Holiday Isle (Keys), Seven Mile Bridge (Keys) almost in route, BB&T arena (Sunrise)
Quote:
2) Best beaches along that route? Or should we just head down to Key West ASAP?
Bahia Honda, between Marathon and Key West
Quote:
3) Any really good places to eat? Looking for one night of authentic cuban food, and maybe some holes in the wall with normal priced food but fresh/delicious stuff.
Cuban, Versailles in 8th Street (Little Havana), you might be able to see some Alpha 66 veterans in bar.
Quote:
4) If you had one day to spend in Miami/Ft Lauderdale and one day to spend in the keys, where would you go to? And where would you eat?
In Miami area, South Beach in Miami Beach, walk around or get a bicycle from Decobike system. Keys, Key West, walk around or get a bicycle or if you are staying there longer, day trip (boat) to Dry Tortugas (Fort Jefferson, civil war era fortress), snorkeling (although water might be cool now), history tours in fortress

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote