Luongo: The Neverending Story
View Single Post
01-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Originally Posted by
Great breakdown of a potential deal by TSN.
- Duthie cites TOR's need is immediate.
- Johnson, and LeBrun earlier, says the Canucks can wait a bit.
- Mckenzie mentions Weiss is unlikely to re-sign?
- Bozak + Prospect (sticking point) + pick alluded to as framework.
- EDM showed definite interest prior to Lockout.
- Pang thinks FLA will likely increase offer, McKenzie adds that players Luongo is currently practicing with thinks he's all world.
- Mckenzie also thinks that shortened season might increase interest from FLA in effort to do some damage in playoffs.
- Also, NO official deal in place right now between VAN and TOR.
Yeah I wouldn't mind Weiss but there would have to be more since he is a Pending UFA and who knows if we can re-sign him since Edler would be priority #1 for us.
Since they won't give in on Bjugstad maybe:
Weiss + Petrovic + Conditional pick if Weiss doesn't re-sign? Or maybe another prospect?
It is interesting though, also on Toronto it is pretty much what I expected, Bozak comes for the 3rd line C spot then we add some young assets for the cupboard just gotta find out what they are.
Interesting though, nice to get a little bit of an update there after this being on the backburner for so long.
View Public Profile
Sergei Shirokov's albums
Find More Posts by Sergei Shirokov