Thread: Speculation: Luongo: The Neverending Story
View Single Post
01-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Bleach Clean
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Yeah I wouldn't mind Weiss but there would have to be more since he is a Pending UFA and who knows if we can re-sign him since Edler would be priority #1 for us.

Since they won't give in on Bjugstad maybe:

Weiss + Petrovic + Conditional pick if Weiss doesn't re-sign? Or maybe another prospect?

It is interesting though, also on Toronto it is pretty much what I expected, Bozak comes for the 3rd line C spot then we add some young assets for the cupboard just gotta find out what they are.

Interesting though, nice to get a little bit of an update there after this being on the backburner for so long.

I think the Weiss speculation is just that, speculation. To me, there's no way he leaves FLA. But Bobby Mack did mention that FLA might not be able to afford him moving forward/he wouldn't likely re-sign. So maybe they keep him and just let him walk at year's end.

There's no way he comes to VAN either because they wouldn't be able to retain him either. The Canucks need to shed 9m+ before next year. Don't see him coming here.

Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Maybe TSN should market what ever their taking to believe this. Knowing Edmonton and Vancouver it would never happen and is a TSN pipe dream.

McKenzie did preface this by saying he thinks it's unlikely to occur. Just that they showed real interest. Everyone knows divisional rivals rarely conduct deals and they did allude to that fact.