View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Digable5

vCash: 500
For everyone that wanted Chip Kelly, you pretty much got your wish. They practically ran the same offense last year. The difference is that Marrone is a bit more conservative and has NFL playing and coaching experience. Plus, he didn't have the talent or Nike money/facilities Chip had at Oregon.

My biggest concern about Chip was that part of his success was do to the speed and talent advantage he had at Oregon over other teams that he would not have had here. Marrone did it with what many considered 2 or 3 star talent.

I would have preferred Marrone stay at Syracuse, but I am optimistic as a Bills fan that he can do even better here. You wont want to hear it, but I think Fitzpatrick would be a good fit for his offense. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if Ryan Nassib was a Bills choice in the draft. I think of him much like Fitzpatrick but in a good way. They are both smart, pretty mobile QBs, but Ryan has a stronger arm and was clutch for Syracuse in the 4th quarter.

Other Syracuse draft picks to keep in mind....OL Justin Pugh for RT(early rounds), WR Alec Lemon, CB Keon Lyn (rumored to declare), S Shamarko Thomas (later rounds or undrafted). I would also like to see what undersized LB Diabate could do as a safety.

As for coaches, OC Nate Hackett was a quality control coach for the Bills and did a great job calling plays this season for Syracuse. Success on defense was almost solely on Scott Shafer's shoulders. I think here is a great coach that players really get psyched to play for. Not sure who he has in mind, but I thought I would share. Marrone is also a OL coach at heart if you weren't aware and completely retrained the Syracuse OL from their previous regime and turned a weakness into a strength.