View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Digable5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Marrone took Syracuse from one of the worst teams in the FBS to respectability, although not greatness. Also, I wonder if it will be tough to get Nassib- other teams are going to know we want him. 8th is too high to pick him I think but I don't know if he would make it to the Bills second round pick.
I am a Nassib fan, but I do not take him with a first round pick. My biggest concerns with him are the deep ball (not arm strength) and telegraphing plays. Nassib has plenty of arm, many people say he sometimes throws too hard on short and intermediate routes, but he occasionally puts too much air under the deep throw and sometimes under throws it trying to hold back from overthrowing it.

Even more scary is how I have seen if telegraph plays. Fitzpatrick does a great job hiding screens, where as Nassib almost looks that way immediately after the snap and waits for it to open, only to give the ball to a player with a defender on his doorstep. The WVU - Pinstripe Bowl is also an example of Nassib staring down his receiver allowing the defender to jump the route for an INT.

With some additional coaching and growth Nassib could be very good, but I'd rather get him in the 2nd or later because to me he isn't a first round slam dunk success.

EDIT: I would consider him a Brett Favre type prospect. He'll be a 2nd round pick with a strong arm, throws a few too many interceptions but finds ways to win.

Last edited by Digable5: 01-06-2013 at 08:35 AM.