View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Someone should send Slats a pallet of Jolt Cola, he needs to get back to business. Alot could potentially be done here.

-Redden is a cheap buyout. He can be bought out for around 4m I would guess.

-We will not use Redden until he can be bought out.

-There are plenty of budget teams who has very expensive buyouts and who will opt not to make them because they can't afford it.

Vincent Lecavalier and James Wisniewski are two examples. VL is owed 50+m and Wish is owed 27m. That's alot of money for two budget teams.

*Would CBJ do Redden and Pyatt for Wish and Boone Jenner? We would be able to use Wish this season, and he would be of great help to our PP and give us a really deep blueline, and then buy him out in 5 months. CBJ saves like 14m by trading Jenner. That's alot of money.

*Would Tampa trade Lecavalier and a first and a third for Redden? They save like 31m. I guess that's alot of money even for Dolan, but there are plenty of other potential targets...
I can't envision the Jackets buying out Wiz. They're not in any danger of having issues with the cap anytime soon. Plus, when Wiz is healthy, he's one of their top D-men along with Toots and JMFJ.

Trade him to save money and give up a solid prospect in the deal? Doubtful.