View Single Post
Old
06-11-2006, 01:55 PM
FisherKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
How do we violently agree???

I see that you've wrote earlier about the quality of the scouting, which from the 90'S to the pre-Timmins era was the real reason why we're still an average team (minus 1998). But you did say as well that the ''backyard'' problem that we have and I've sorted out 2 examples out of what you've stated that it had nothing to do with backyards but more with bad judgment calls.

Anyway, let's just say that we seem to be in better hands nowadays even though I still questioned some picks, I'm generally more happy than disappointend with this group so far.
I certainly agree that we are in better hands now than during the Houle era, thank God. My main point was the quality of scouting for the Habs in their own back yard could have been better, and you have provided a couple of very good examples of that, hence the "voilent agreement").

I'm inclined to agree with you in that the Habs drafting has been adequate (my words not yours). The question is whether adequate drafting is satisfactory if you're trying to build a championship team. I believe the drafting blunder (it was nothing less imho) of drafting Tomas Linhart in the 2nd round in 2002 was under Timmins watch, although I could be wrong on that. Here was a guy that couldn't even cut it in the OHL in his draft year, and he's taken in the 2nd round ahead of Matt Stajan? If you or I made a blunder like that on our jobs, we'd be "shown the door" so fast it would make our heads spin. I do agree the Habs have drafted reasonably well, but not the best imo, and the best is what produces champions. Anyway, lets hope we get some "hidden gems" in 2006.

Cheers.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote