View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 09:43 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Because I think Bennett has some other stuff to work on, aside from the offensive game. Fact also is, we need to make a decision on Tangradi. He's no longer waiver eligible, so only a few things can happen.

1. You give him a shot to make an impact here, and by shot, I'm talking REGULAR top 9 mins. Not 5 mins a game with Craig Adams. He needs to play with good players to be an impact...he's a complimentary forward. You can't compliment Craig Adams. I think his ideal spot is probably with Neal and Geno. Tangradi is more of a playmaker so putting him with two guys who can shoot like those two can, that'll be good for him.

2. Trade him, and try to get something for him

3. Send him down, and get nothing for him, as he will be picked off waivers.
That would be the place where Tangradi is most likely to succeed. I have my doubts whether he will, of course, but, when you look at the Geno and Neal dynamic, Tangradi could add something with his size, ability to control the puck and work along the boards, and net presence. I'll put it this way: If this is the Pens roster going into the season, without changes, then I'd rather see Tangradi than TK or Jeffrey with Geno and Neal to open the season.

As for Bennett, his place, IMO, would be with Sid and Kunitz. Give him a shot too to earn it. Worst case, if he does, then you put Dupuis with Sutter and Cooke, which I like as a potential third line.