View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
heck its a tough call but we didnt think Sather could find a deal for Brashear but he did with Atlanta. So its going to be a cap floor team.

Maybe Sather goes back to his buddy Maloney in Phoenix or Tallon in FLA? Basically whoever takes Redden back would be looking to add to the cap floor and saving money in the buyout.

We also dont know if the Rangers can trade Redden and add salary that does not go on the cap. Going to be interesting.

If they cant find a deal I guess they eat Redden this yr, it hurts on the cap and at the trade deadline but atleast its all over next summer with the Redden buyout allowed.
I think Sather will find a date for the dance with Redden, I just don't see it being as fruitful as some think. He could be a decent 3rd pair defenseman on a different team, change can be a beautiful thing for some players. Remember there were rumors that the Pens had interest in Redden if he was bought out of his contract, I just see them shipping him to a young team looking for a veteran 6th d-man who can give him a chance this year and always buy him out at the end if he stinks. He may be going with a pick unless we can take a bad contract back.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote