View Single Post
01-06-2013, 10:20 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I think Sather will find a date for the dance with Redden, I just don't see it being as fruitful as some think. He could be a decent 3rd pair defenseman on a different team, change can be a beautiful thing for some players. Remember there were rumors that the Pens had interest in Redden if he was bought out of his contract, I just see them shipping him to a young team looking for a veteran 6th d-man who can give him a chance this year and always buy him out at the end if he stinks. He may be going with a pick unless we can take a bad contract back.
I'd be shocked if Sather traded the Redden Contract. All the teams are well above cap floor. A guy like Rozival was attractive because his cap salary was well above his actual salary however Reddens actual salary is only 1.5 M below the Cap no. And Redden sucks. Rozival was decent for Phoenix and they wanted to get rid of WW. Phoenix actually saved actual dollars by doing this.

Our big problem is we have to sign MDZ, McD, Hags and Stepan for 2013-14. Right now including a buyout of Redden, the Rangers will have approx. 12.5M to sign these four players. And that gives them no room for maneuvering. Some people talk about buying out Gabby but that will put us in the same boat we were in before the Nash Trade. I wont part with Cally, Staal or Danny G so our option to pick up Cap space will be to buyout either Rupper or Pyatt. That would only give us about 1.5M in wiggle room.

It will be very interesting to see how Sather manages to get the 4 players signed and keeping this team together.

Last edited by free0717: 01-06-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: left out statement
free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote