View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:25 AM
orangeandblack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2010 View Post
I posted this earlier on the U17 thread.

As a Canadian it really hurts to see all of the off spring of Canadian NHL players playing for the USA. I understand they are Americans born and bred but it is unfortunate that so many Canadians have to leave home to make a living in the NHL.

Imagine the offspring of Peyton Manning, Ray Rice, and Tom Seaver playing for Canadian national teams

Overall great for hockey I guess.
This can happen for any career field, to any country, its just the way things work.

I live in Philadelphia, just about every former Flyer stays in the South Jersey area, because they love living there. You rarely hear about a player that retired as a Flyer, move back to where they are originally from.

Its not necessarily the offspring, but the coaching that has benefitted the US kids. There are so many Canadian and European former hockey players sprinkled around the country that moved here to play AHL or ECHL, or even NCAA and stayed. These guys are still making a living coaching and training. This has much more of an effect on a bigger scale then a few offspring born here. They are influencing 1000s of kids, not just their own.