View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Kolarik provides nothing on the 4th line, think Enver Lisin or Petr Prucha on the 4th line and all of their "production." If we are looking for an extra 4th line body Newbury or Haley will get that shot, Kolarik is a skilled player who didn't look too bad in his time with the Rangers 2 seasons ago.

I remember another player close to Kolarik's age who had no business being on the big team a few years ago, PA Parenteau and look at how well that one worked out for us. Age is a number, if he fits into out system, plays his heart out, and can produce I don't care where he came from or that he is 27.

I know he's not a fourth liner; that wasn't the point. The point is that he's an AHL top-six guy and that's it. Parenteau was ALWAYS projected as a low risk/high reward pick and just couldn't put it together and crack anyone's lineup. Kolarik has bounced around without cracking anyone's lineup either, but he was never projected as a boom/bust pick and doesn't have nearly the upside in the first place. He's also a bit older than PA was when PA started showing something in the NHL. More to the point, we are poised for a cup run. Especially in a shortened season, we're not going to give a 27 year old never has been his chance in our top-nine when we need to focus on getting into the playoffs, developing chemistry in our forward lines and being ready to rumble in the post season. It's not the year to give the kid a tryout.

Last edited by Nothing As It Seems: 01-06-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote