View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Avs71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Clowe is a terrible skater? Not sure if serious. He has an akward stride, but his speed is more than good, hell if you want to whine about someone not being a good enough skater to be on this team look no further than PAP, Clowe looks like Bobby Orr compared to Parenteau. Guy had a down year last season and you want to crucify him because of it? That average scorer would be a better scorer than anyone on the team not named Landeskog or Duchene (yes that's including Stastny, Jones and an over the hill Hejduk). What he lacks in skill he makes up with his effort and heart.

Plus there's absolutely no one on the team who can be compared to him when it comes to fighting. Landeskog is a young kid and he shouldn't throw down the gloves at all, McGinn in meh as a fighter, Downie sure is entertaining to watch, but he gets ragdolled most of the time because of his size, McLeod doesn't scare anyone, O'Brien is a clown who likes to hide behind the refs and act tough, that's pretty much it. Clowe is one of the most feared fighters in the game, a poor mans Lucic, plus he can play.
Nailed it. I'm still a fan of Clowe. The Avs may be gritty, but they're not really intimidating. There is no one in the Western Conference he couldn't handle in a fight. It's just a bonus he can score 20+ goals too. It will be interesting to see what he gets in the summer, because I bet he gets way overpaid. I see him in Toronto.

Anyone think Parenteau or Jones could be looking at a buyouy if they really under perform this season? 4 million a season may start looking pretty bad for a guy like Jones.