View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
That is a really, REALLY good point. Presuming there is no language regarding existing "circumvention contracts" in the CBA we haven't heard about, you might well want to hold on to that amnesty buyout until summer '14 for that reason. He'll be 34 with a $6.67MM cap hit for 6 more years...

Certainly I'd want to hold on to it until I knew what the cap would be for '14-'15...
Great point.

Richards has tremendous instincts and is top notch on the point. But his skating is subpar and he can't transport the puck etc. Production is not a given for him. And like a injury bug for a year or two could really set him back.

If he starts to struggle in the coming years, that buyout could be worth it. Especially if we also can target someone else on July 1st.

Look at Drury, Redden and Gomez. Y1 were ok. Y2, it started to smell. Y3 they were history all three already basically. Richard definitely doesn't have to follow that path. With Nash on board, if our PP takes off, he could be back to Dallas form before we know it. But I would lie if I didn't say that I was somewhat concerned.