View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I know he's not a fourth liner; that wasn't the point. The point is that he's an AHL top-six guy and that's it. Parenteau was ALWAYS projected as much better than Kolarik and just hadn't put it together and cracked the lineup. Kolarik has bounced around without cracking anyone's lineup, doesn't have a very high upside in the first place and and he's older than PA was when PA started showing something in the NHL. More to the point, we are poised for a cup run. Especially in a shortened season, we're not going to give a 27 year old never has been his chance in our top-nine when we need to focus on getting into the playoffs, developing chemistry in our forward lines and being ready to rumble in the post season. It's not the year to give a kid a tryout.
Parenteau was considered AHL fodder when he was given a chance with this team. He was not supposed to make the NHL at any point once we signed him, he was signed to be an AHL player. I never said I want Kolarik sniffing the top 2 lines, but we have some serious issues to address:

IMO these are our lines
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash (Who better for Kreider to learn from then Nash?)
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan (3rd line that can score)
Asham-Halpern-Rupp (that 4th line is garbage)

So do we rush Miller up here to play on the 3rd line and push Pyatt to the 4th line? I don't want another Manny Malhotra but then again this isn't Muckler running the Rangers. Do give Kolarik a shot on the 3rd line and push Pyatt back to the 4th line of
Pyatt-Halpern-Asham

Or do we sign another forward to play on the 4th line so Kolarik and Miller stay in the AHL?

There are a lot of questions and not much time to answer them, but if we start the season with that 4th line, expect that line to cost us goals on a regular basis.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote