View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:06 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
He could certainly have scored more but he was still good, and he was still one of the three best forwards on the team.
True, but the Swedes were pretty pissed at him on here for choking in big situations. I think it'll come with time. The guy already has a Gold and a Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
OP clearly doesn't understand the purpose of a grinder.
Been a fan of my whole life and grinders aren't a necessity as previously thought. You need some but not the amount we "supposedly" have. Laich is a physical forward but can also score. Brouwer is a physical forward that can also score IF he is consistent.

Grinder is a physical player who also can have speed but doesn't score many goals, fights for every inch of the ice. We've got too many as it is.

Tom Wilson is a grinder or tough guy if there ever was one. There is a difference between a guy like Matt Hendricks and a typical grinder. Hendricks was thought to be just a tough guy but we discovered he actually has great hands and can be a very well rounded lower tier player. Players that can't play well rounded don't deserve to make an NHL roster.

EDIT: Johansson has been semi-disappointing but he is still learning. He's at least a top three center. Ribeiro is going to overshadow him for now but the guy has talent if you pair him with the right individuals and coaching. I really like Johansson a lot and I think any team in the NHL would put him on their third line.